If I was asked by anyone what is one of my lifetime goals??? What do I want to leave the world with??? Ahhhh....I can only hope to leave behind tons of inspiring art....but, alas.....how much time is there in one day??? Certainly not enough to even touch on all the ideas that are swirling around in my head...LOL...so...BAD GIRLS PROJECT 52 was created by me to fill the void in everyones artistic world....to take away the fear in art and teach you how to dive into the areas that you may not have ever considered. I must admit that when I first started Project 52 all of my intentions were good, but the timing wasn't right and it was not well thought out enough. This time though....the plan is different, and I vowed to not move forward unless it could be exactly what I wanted it to be. It has been a tough path, but we have finally figured it all out and we cannot wait to re-release this Challenge Blog to you!
I have a really great artist working closely with me to ensure the success of Project 52...she is the new Lead Designer for P52....please welcome PAMELA PALMARINI...she brings a wealth of knowledge to the table as an Art Teacher and her ideas and aspirations are just phenomenal!
Project 52 will bring a new launch the beginning of October.....until then we are accepting applications for our new team....read all about it here and Good Luck!!!
Bad Girls “Project 52” Challenge Blog
DESIGN TEAM CALL
Not only is “Project 52” a fabulous place to rub shoulders with some really amazing artists, but it is also a great way to gain a lot of exposure. As the industry’s #1 Art Club worldwide, Bad Girls and its affiliate sites receive 1000’s of hits every single day!
Sound interesting? Then, take a few minutes and view the site here…
And… If you like what you’ve seen and heard, and you desire to create art that is not only challenging, but out of the box with some of the industries best designers, then look no further… We are looking for a few talented artists, 6 – 8 to be exact!… Could you be one of them?…
Are you moving towards the “top of your game” in mixed media? Are you ever-evolving, changing, and EXCITED about learning and growing as a creative soul? Are you practically FEARLESS at playing with any art material you see and touch, and trying any art technique you read about? Does 3-D art excite you? Does your style and taste run “artsy and eclectic”? Do you get as jazzed by “the process” of art making (the journey), as you do “the product” (the destination)?
If this sounds like you, and you are proficient with taking EXCELLENT pictures of your work (details too), can inspire others with your art and words, are deadline savvy, and are OK with being exclusive to our kit club (manufacturers, etc… are fine)? Then… read on for the CALL SPECIFICS!… Good luck and we look forward to seeing your best work!
- CALL TIMELINE – Entries accepted from August 24, 2009 through September 14, 2009, 12 midnite PST. Entries will be acknowledged with an e-mail as we get them, so you know we got them. All entries will be reviewed carefully, and all selected Design Team candidates will be contacted by e-mail, on or before September 18, 2009. The “Project 52” Design Team will be announced on the Bad Girls site on September 21, 2009.
- APPLICATION DEADLINE – September 14, 2009, 12 midnite PST. (No exceptions)
- APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS
- Contact information – Name, address, phone number, e-mail, blog address
- Headshot – Black & white, and nice and clear.
- Artwork – 3 varied items… All mixed media… Think artist trading cards, shadow boxes, shrines, art dolls, collages, VERY ARTSY scrapbook pages, handmade books, altered books and items, etc… (We want to see the really artsy stuff you do!… Show us what you already have in your stash of work that you know will WOW us, and that shows us what you can offer “Project 52”!)
- Gallery or slideshow link – One gallery or slideshow with more of your best altered/mixed media work FUN STUFF.
- More information – One short paragraph that completes this thought, for you…
- I believe I am a perfect fit for the “Project 52” team because, …
Your photo and mini bio on our site.
Link to your BLOG from our site.
20% Discount in our online store.
Opportunity to attend trade shows with paid dinner parties and tshirts.
Future opportunity to join the Elite Artist team at BAD GIRLS.